What is SANBA?
SANBA is the South African National Blockchain Alliance, a network of like-minded individuals and organisations (government, business, academia, entrepreneurs and civil society) who aim to radically accelerate blockchain adoption, education, skills development, experimentation and commercialisation of new and market-ready blockchain solutions in South Africa. SANBA is supported by the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), the Office of Digital Advantage (ODA) and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
SANBA aims to take an ecosystem and federated approach to catalyse the use of blockchain technologies within the South African context. Although SANBA is not a funding body, it aims to link ecosystem players to funding opportunities made available by members. SANBA has four main objectives:
- Connecting academia, civil society, business, entrepreneurs and government into a pre-competitive collaboration space to support research, development and innovation in blockchain technology and its application.
- Facilitating skills development, advocacy and education on “all things blockchain”.
- Catalysing blockchain adoption in all sectors of South Africa.
- Leveraging the blockchain ecosystem as a lobbying platform to tackle issues blocking blockchain adoption in South Africa.
SANBA membership is available FREE OF CHARGE. The aim is to help drive blockchain adoption in South Africa by harnessing the blockchain ecosystem.
Why become a member?
As an advocacy group, our mission is to guide and promote comprehensive adoption of distributed ledger technology across all industry sectors and within government. We do this by engaging with market participants, educational institutions, regulators, policymakers and technology innovators through direct communication, comment letters, events, research and more to guide the public dialogue about blockchain, distributed ledger and smart contract technology, so that industry and markets can realize the full potential of these capabilities.
If you or your organisation is interested in engaging in blockchain ecosystem to drive adoption forward, then joining SANBA, offers many opportunities for engaging with peers through our advocacy, education, proof of concepts and thought leadership initiatives.
Membership & Benefits
Access to Skills development, Education, Training, Community, Communication, Events, Endorsements, Research and Development, Peer Reviews, Proof of Concept, Commercialisation and the opportunity to attend subsidised international blockchain conferences and events.
Enjoy Exclusive Membership Benefits:
- Annual membership meetings to discuss opportunities, standards and to provide updates to members
- Exclusive access to premium content and white papers
- Regular member-only webinars and podcasts from industry experts and thought leaders
- Ability to participate in the Think Tanks, Working Groups and Technical Committees
- Access to the SANBA Slack channel allowing for regular member contact, communication and collaboration
- Access to an exclusive SANBA Members-only opportunities
- Each institutional member’s logo is displayed on the SANBA website and members may display the SANBA logo on their websites
- Weekly SANBA Updates
- Opportunities for media coverage on SANBA website
Skills Development, Education & Training
SANBA aims to partner with existing training providers to ensure access to Blockchain education and training across all industry and government sectors and markets.
SANBA will focus on facilitating training opportunities, educational resources and open forums to those in the industry interested in leading the evolution of industry and government through the efficiencies offered by blockchain.
All SANBA members have access to exclusive content and opportunities.
Complimentary members-only symposiums take place periodically, allowing members to meet face-to-face and stay up-to-date on the latest news about SANBA and blockchain uses in industry and government. In addition to providing networking opportunities, the SANBA Committees, Working Groups and Think Tanks give updates on their progress made since the last event. SANBA Meet-Ups, a happy hour and networking events will take place throughout the year.
Who Should Consider Applying?
SANBA membership is open to all with an interest in Blockchain and DLT technologies and this can include but not limited to Individuals, Students, Entrepreneurs, Technology Enthusiasts, Startup Companies, Corporate Companies, Public Sector companies, Government Departments, and more.